What is so special about the Versailles style parquetry?
In its style, the Versailles parquetry is very similar to that of the famous Ludwig XIV in his palace in Paris. So, if you want to feel the spirit and luxury of that time, you already know how to get started. Today, Versailles style parquetry comes in a variety of colours and textures, so you have an extraordinary choice: you can choose what you like most from plenty of options, but each of them is a gift of greatness and luxury for your home.
The origin of Versatile style parquet dates back to the 16th century. Improved and modified, it has remained an extremely popular choice until nowadays.
In which cases is it worth choosing Versailles style parquet?
• when you want to create an extremely decorative, sophisticated and luxurious view;
• you want to feel the spirit of France, the greatness of royal life in your home;
• you value safety, ecology, naturalness;
• you’re looking for a flooring that would be nice to touch;
• you like long-lasting materials;
• this flooring is perfect not only for homes, but also for spaces that are designed to create an extraordinary impression (hotels, restaurants, banquets, amusement venues, etc.).
The Versailles parquet is laid out in a way that makes impressive patterns, and there are lots of variations. So, it’s very important to know the subtleties of this parquet; only in this case you get a great visual result. If you do not have such knowledge, it is recommended to get a professional. By the way, parquet installation requires a lot of time and patience. If you have neither one nor the other, the services provided by professionals are the best choice. Also, since the pattern is central for the Versailles parquetry, it is important to understand the relation with and impact on the surrounding space: large patterns optically reduce the space, while the smaller ones enlarge it. So if the room is large, it’s worth choosing bigger patterns, and vice versa.
The best wood
The best wood properties and hundreds of years old patterns in your space are the most important features that characterise this style of the Versailles parquetry. To enjoy this elegant parquet as long as possible, do not forget to ensure proper care.