If you want to have parquet in your house or in any other space, you can choose from a variety of options. One of them is mosaic parquetry.
Benefits of mosaic parquetry:
• compared to other alternatives, it is especially decorative;
• various colour and texture options are available;
• pleasant to touch, long serving, safe, ecological and natural;
• you can choose between different laying patterns.
As you can see, the mosaic parquet has many great advantages; it has all these positive features of wood flooring, which, combined with exceptionally decorative appearance, makes it possible to create an exquisite interior. The ways of laying parquet are important. There are a few of them, so you can always choose the most convenient one.
Mosaic parquet patterns
- Mosaic Parquetry – parallel alternating rows. If you decide to put the mosaic parquet in this way, keep in mind that parquet planks extend sideways. Thus, by laying parquet this way, it is necessary to bear in mind that it will be especially sensitive to humidity changes of the environment: if the ambient humidity level increases, it is likely that the parquet will eventually bulge up and cracks may occur.
- Mosaic Parquetry – the planks are installed not in one direction, but using the pattern of a herringbone, a weave or a square. This method of laying is more stable, and moreover, even better, since the deformations of parquet planks will take place in different directions. For this reason it will be less noticeable.
The choice of the mosaic parquet pattern depends on the buyer. However, the recommendation is clear: if you want to maintain the original decorative parquet image for as long as possible, the second type of laying will be more appropriate.
The best wood
If you want mosaic parquet to serve for a long time, look great and please the eye, you need not only to purchase quality parquet boards and properly lay it in the chosen pattern, but also to ensure proper maintenance of it. A few tips on how to do this:
- mosaic parquet functions best in the premises with relative humidity level of 40 – 60%;
- clean with cleansing agents or a cloth soaked in cold water.