CHEVRON PARQUET IS A GREAT CHOICE
Chevron parquetry – for those who do not want mosaic or Versailles parquet, there is another option. This is a V-shaped parquet. Chevron parquet is obtained when the planks are laid at 45 or 60 degrees.
Chevron parquet is a great choice for a variety of reasons and is suitable for a lot of occasions:
• chevron parquet is worth choosing when seeking to create a simple, but at the same time, decorative and casual look;
• perfectly suited for any purpose (commercial, merchant, residential) and style (Modern, Classical, Scandinavian, Mediterranean, etc.);
• ideal for fans of classical style;
• large colour selection;
• typical parquet properties: naturalness, ecology, safety, simple maintenance, long service life, etc.
How to install Chevron parquet?
Chevron parquet is also often called the French herringbone. In fact, parquet boards are put at 45 or 60-degree angles to form a regular herringbone pattern. Chevron parquet planks are sold pre-cut at 45 or 60 degrees angles for both the left and right sides. The grooves are on the long sides of the planks to create a V-shaped pattern. Installation of Chevron parquet requires some knowledge and ability. If you do not have adequate skills or knowledge, you can always seek to a professional; V-shaped parquet will be assembled in a quality and quick manner, and you will not only enjoy the excellent result, but also save your time. This method of installation is appreciated for one very simple reason. When planks are laid out in V shape, the deformation of the boards takes place in different directions, which makes it less noticeable. Thus, you get enjoy the perfect floor longer.
How to maintain Chevron parquet?
Although Chevron parquet deformation is less noticeable and a great appearance can be enjoyed longer, this does not mean that you don’t need to pay attention to the maintenance of the flooring. On the contrary, it is necessary and must be appropriate. It’s quite easy to take proper care of Chevron parquet:
- Chevron parquetry, like any other type of parquet, is sensitive to moisture, so it is important to maintain a relative humidity of 40 to 60 per cent;
- avoid excessive water when cleaning the floor as this can lead to staining;
- refresh the parquet lacquer with glycerine or vinegar and water.